Valmont’s partnership with youth takes advantage of the natural qualities a small church. Rather that assigning youth to a separate program or group where they associate only with their peers, Valmont integrates children and teens into the worship and ministry of the church.
- Relationships are developed between teens and adult mentors.
- Teens learn the church takes them seriously and there is a real place for them in the life of the church.
- Teens will see firsthand adults who model their faith, as a journey in the real world, dealing with every-day issues.
- Children of various ages take advantage of a wide variety of camps, retreats and other activities at Highlands Presbyterian Camp and Retreat Center.
- Teens participate with peers in activities at local churches and youth ministries.
- Boating, canoeing and fishing are available on the church lake.